Dissatisfaction with place of treatment

If you are dissatisfied with the way you have been treated by medical personnel, you may lodge a complaint with the healthcare provider or the supervising authorities. If necessary, the Patient Ombudsperson of your place of treatment will advise you on queries concerning the status and rights of patients. The Patient Insurance Centre cannot help or pay compensation in these matters.

The purpose of a complaint is to give the patient an easy way of presenting their views to the healthcare provider. At the same time, the treating unit is given an opportunity to rectify the situation.

If you are dissatisfied with the actions of a member of the healthcare personnel or the way you have been treated, it is advisable that you first contact the head of the healthcare provider where the person, whose actions have caused dissatisfaction, is employed.

The filing of a complaint does not affect the patient’s right to file a complaint to the supervising authorities concerning their medical treatment.